How to make a “pancrepe” at Slappy Cakes
There are many creative ways to make pancakes on our griddles, here is an example of one of our favorite techniques. This method requires some intermediate spatula skills but don't be scared to mess up, with a little bit of practice and some extra napkins you too can make the perfect pancrepe!
- Apply a small amount of batter in a thick straight line.
- Lightly place your spatula on the batter's edge and spread the batter by dragging across the griddle, being careful not to apply too little or too much pressure. The goal is to make a very thin pancrepe, but not so thin that it will crack when rolled.
- Once the bubbles have formed and popped carefully flip your pancrepe. It will finish cooking almost immediately once flipped.
- Remove from griddle, fill with your favorite fixins and toppings (lemon curd, crème fresh, etc.) roll it up and enjoy.
- Post a picture of your creation to instagram (#slappycakes) and make the world jealous of your skills.